Saturday, July 22, 2023

SNAFU

      The acronym that is today's title seems apt in my dealings with blog technology. Just when I think things are cooking along nicely, the 'ping!" of a monkey wrench in the works announces itself. 

      If I seem disinterested in your kind comments, be assured that's not the case. For some reason I've now become anonymous when I try to reply. The ghost in the machine still allows me to activate your comments; I just can't respond to them as myself. 

    This is either due to the fun and whimsical way Blogger like to toss a stumbling block in from time to time, or perhaps something was fiddled with when I took my laptop into the shop for a renewal of my virus software. I'll keep researching. 

     Or - has anyone else had the problem lately?

9 comments:

  1. That word, or acronym, Snafu, is the one that threw us all into confusion in Britian in Wordle a few weeks back. I will never forget that word now. As for blog comments, I have no problem but do from time to time read of others who do. My only advice is to make sure third party cookies are turned on in your browser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often struggle to comment on other people's blog as anything other than anon, but rarely have trouble with my own. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had that problem! When I left a comment, it listed me as anonymous, so I commented again and at the end, included my name. Who knows!?!? - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't seem to be having the same problems with comments, but then again, Blogger can rise up and do some pretty awful deeds without warning. I think your software might have caused your current snafu. Love that acronym! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many are having trouble with comments and being anonymous instead of themselves, but I haven't had any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that problem comes and goes and is sometimes here and sometimes there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering recently if my comments do not get published on some blogs. I do not follow up, so will not know. Sometimes if you have an ad-blocker on your browser, it will make a mess of commenting on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can comment form my computer ot tablet but not from my phone no matter how often i try to login.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also find when I use Mircrosoft Edge browser it is has changed so much that Blogger sometimes fails to refresh and sometimes my comment is not registered.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.