Sunday, August 27, 2023

Let a gal keep her mystery

 


I was just reading in today’s Boston Globe about this weekend’s convergence of Nessie hunters at Loch Ness. Apparently the place is being stormed with drones, infrared cameras, and microphones to detect underwater sounds.

          Rather than “inspiring another generation of enthusiasts” as organizers claim, I would imagine the end result would be to end an over 100 year-old legend.

          I’m worried that rather than finding evidence of Nessie’s existence, it’s more likely they’ll end up proving there was nothing there all along. Leave us a little magic in this world, please.

          Who’s next? The Yeti?



6 comments:

  1. I really, really hope that the 'evidence' is inconclusive. We all need to believe in things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all the cameras and drones are more likely to scare her into going too deep to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the contrary, I really, really hope they find nothing at all and put an end to this ridiculous myth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.