Friday, August 25, 2023

End of August

 


Little to report here – hence the week+  long absence.

We haven't done much with this beautiful Massachusetts summer: a couple of quick visits to the grandgirls, lunch out, dinner out, golf, no pickleball (thank you rotator cuff), minor gardening, a couple of gatherings with other couples.

          With so little going on, there’s been plenty of time for musings:


Am I the only one who -

Gets nervous when tv characters have long, meaningful eye contact with their passengers while still barreling down the road at the wheel of a car?

Once home, still thinks about the items I left behind at a lavish buffet?

Wishes our new drivers’ license could continue with the old picture, instead of the new (aging me) one?

Thinks that In the course of one day, women assess their appearance twenty times to a man’s one.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, to the meaningful eye contact.

    There was a scene from Cracker, quiet long ago now, Where Cracker's girlfriend was so angry at him, that she deliberately stared at him for awhile to frighten him while travelling a a fair clip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drives me nuts - those TV drivers not watching the road. Seems they ALL do it!
    Sometimes it's nice to have "so little going on".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so not alone at the 'eye contact' while on the road - or for that matter when in the car. It is perhaps the only time I definitely don't want eye contact when someone is talking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the one sitting in her chair yelling at the TV, "eyes on the road! eyes on the road!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can definitely identify with the first one. Like River, I'm saying out loud to the TV, "Watch the road!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.