Saturday, January 8, 2022

Snow and Flip Flops

 

          When I woke up this morning it was 11 degrees outside, reminding me why we usually depart for Florida on the 1st. Since that wouldn’t be happening for a few more days, I soldiered on.

          Today was to be an errand day, but it had its perks.

          The library had its usually suggested books on the endcap of each aisle, but this time with the added incentive of a goody with each book. Three Words for Goodbye (about two sisters’ journey during WWII) drew my interest, as did the small York peppermint patty. Score! (By the way, if you ever see anything by Lisa Lutz, read it. You’ll be glad you did if you like offbeat characters and brilliant writing. The Spellman series is one of a kind.)

          More items to the Goodwill, this trip with a few turtlenecks (which I abandoned with menopause and no regret), and a pan for tiny cupcakes that I searched the world over for, only to discover the final products were so small they were useless.

          A trip to the grocery store, a fabulous decision one day after a snowstorm and on a Saturday and with an ice storm coming tomorrow. Bet you can guess what it was like inside. The bonus for this errand, though, was seeing the stylish 30-something guy dodging snow piles in his flip flops. I’m thinking his hypothalamus is still a bit unformed.

4 comments:

  1. Or perhaps he really likes frozen toes? I need to take a bunch of stuff to the thrift store too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My back seat is piling up with donation so that I can barely fit in my walker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really need to make LOTS of donations. Smiling at the guy dodging the snow. No sense, no feeling? No brain, no pain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am listening to a cooking course and the first two lessons have told me I need to really clean out my kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.