Wednesday, May 26, 2021

The Plot Thickens


As you may or may not recall, here at our house a conversation about needing a new stopper for the basement sink somehow led to My Guy being targeted on social media ads for sink plugs. It may or may not have been the fourth member of the household, She Who Must Not Be Named Aloud (whose name starts with an A and contains an X), who sits on the kitchen counter providing music, the weather, and apparently now shopping suggestions. Of course, Mamie is the third member, but I haven’t seen her pawing at my laptop keys recently.

     Yesterday's mail produced a $25 gift card from out of the blue from DSW, Designer Shoe Warehouse. I haven’t bought anything from them for well over a year, and yet there I was with 25 bucks waiting to assist in shoeing my feet. I had, however, stopped in to one of their stores last week to look for sneakers for My Guy, but I made no purchase. Hmmm. 

     On the other hand, I’ve also received in the mail a plea from an organization I’ve never heard of, never knew existed. In fact, at first I thought it was joke mail when I saw the caption to one of their pictures.

                      (Oh - a pig breakfast, not a pig FOR breakfast.)

What on earth made this group choose me as a candidate for their solicitations?

     We are having pork chops tonight. . . .

 

7 comments:

  1. Here at least our various charities sell their mailing list to other organisations. To say that this practice peeves me is an understatement.
    My partner flatly refuses to have an Alexia in the house for fear that she is a spy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend and I were sitting in my livingroom talking about sore muscles and what we could put on them. BOTH of us started getting bombarded with ads for muscle pain products. Our TV spies on us. Our computers spy on us. Our phones track our every move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone thing is keeping accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be giving Alexa a stink-eye on a regular basis for all the times she has linked you to things. I didn't know about pot-bellied pigs, never heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing about Alexa. I finally had to shut her off. She is a bit evil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alexa scares the heck out of me. It's weird to have a spy inside your home, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alexa is not welcome in our house.

    I love the pig sanctuary! Maybe we should donate? (Although I love pork chops too...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.