Monday, June 1, 2020

Put that in your thinking cap

I hope everyone is safe during this awful time.

As chaos reigns around us, on the lighter side here are two completely unrelated signs from two completely different shopping trips, but both intrigued me. 

The first one, which really impressed me, was at a store where you might not expect to see such a message. They sell oddments of things - overstocks, off brands - a pretty rough around the edges kind of place. You can find off-brand crackers, clothing without labels, rugs, or garden supplies. 


The second just left me bemused. 

Isn't a wind chime supposed to be driven by, well, the wind?
 

9 comments:

  1. Store associates? I hope that means the workers rather than the owners.
    And yes, the second is on the strange side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a solar powered wind chime! I, too, thought they were wind powered - hence the name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you go back, staple up a little note: Misnomer; actually solar chimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, wind chimes are driven by the wind. I expect the solar power is to light up the coloured ball at the top of the chimes. They would look pretty hung throughout a garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go! I never thought of that possibility.

      Delete
  5. I too hope that means the workers will get the extra surcharge money. These days you never know for sure. And I am also puzzled by those "wind" chimes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you suppose there's a little solar powered motor that spins the chimes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think River's comment above helps us out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting surcharge! I suppose that things will just be marked way up when everyone goes back to shopping. We are still in phase one up here but people are venturing out anyway. There are cars on the road and planes overhead, returning to the things that I do not miss, at all. It has been a lovely reprieve.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.