Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Underpants and Time



         Now I finally understand those Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday underpants, and I could really use a set right about now.
I was just reading Ronni Bennett’s Time Goes By blog and noted that today’s post was tagged as being Wednesday, May 13, which was patently wrong. Today is the 13th, fine, but it’s Tuesday.

 Or maybe not.

 I lost Wednesday last week, too, but on the other side of it. Suddenly there I was at Thursday, with no particular memory of the day before.

          I think back to those frenetic years in my 30s, 40s, and 50s when I was raising kids, working full-time, and going to school for an Associates degree, finishing my Bachelors, and earning my Masters. We’d eat dinner at 5:00 if I could round everyone up so I’d have the evening free to read for my night class, or grade papers for my day job. Back in those days, an hour of television at night was a madly hedonistic dream, which probably explains my love of television now.

          My days then only had about 10 hours in them and 36 hours worth of tasks. Now my days are easily 40 hours long, with a slim 2 hours worth of things to keep me busy. If only I could time-travel back to those days and bring with me all these empty hours, plugging them in for a good night’s sleep or a moment to just sit.
 

8 comments:

  1. How I love Calvin (and continue to mourn that Watterson stepped away).
    The time thing? Time is a totally elastic trickster. And frequently does my head in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! We are all losing track of time. Love that Calvin cartoon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But they're not "very bad days". We fill them up anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everyone's safe and staying safe. I just read that the virus is mutating and getting much more dangerous. I don't want to alarm anyone but it's time to get right with God, cause this is getting downright scary! Stay home and stay safe, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kept a journal in my 30's and 40's and can not imagine how much I did in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think you might like television now because television is BETTER now. LOL! I've experienced times during my furlough when I wasn't sure what day it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly is. I've found a few of my favorite shows on oldies channels and was amazed at the poor scripting and clunky acting.

      Delete
  7. it's all relative. I'm not running out of things to do. it's the desire to do them that I'm having trouble with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.