Wednesday, November 1, 2023

54th and 4th

 Today began with a trip to the Y to see if I could survive a yoga class, something I haven’t done for some time.

I’ve always enjoyed it, but as my knees decide to take on a personality (not good) of their own, and past incidents with other body parts come home to roost, I wasn’t sure how it would go.

          I chose a spot waaaay at the back, but wouldn’t you know it, more people arrived and settled behind me. But it went okay. This is possibly the lowest level of yoga to be found, other than just sitting on the floor for 45 minutes. There was minimal kneeling (yay) and it was mostly fancy stretching. The hardest part is forcing yourself back into the real world after the cool-down period. I’m thinking I’ll do the class on Sunday, too.

      




    Today is our many-many year anniversary. The surprise was when we opened each other’s card and found we'd both bought the same one.






          Today is also the day that my fourth book Doubly Murdered, (third in my mystery series) was released. (Such a deal on Amazon books!!) I can’t believe I’m already mulling over what to do in a 5th. But this character – Cate MacLeod - has been with me so long, and she lives in a town mirroring my own, so she inhabits a spot in my mind like a friend I see now and then.  


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on absolutely everything: surviving yoga, being married so many years and publishing so many books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. Like your weaving, it's good to have something to look back on.

      Delete
  2. Like Joanne, congratulations on all counts. Buying the same card made me smile - two minds definitely in synch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the book does very well for you. I'd like to try Yoga but I don't think my body would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and congrats on the book release! Of all the cards out there, you two bought the same. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take a weekly yoga class, which is not very demanding (it's at the Senior Center) but I sure do enjoy it. Stretching and balancing are both good things for the body.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.