Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Clean and Safe

 




Yesterday was my day for suds and a shot.

Whoops! Sadly, not that kind.

 

The guys were here to clean the grunge off of our buildings.


When we lived in our house, we’d look at the green forming on our siding and say “Tsk, tsk” and a couple more years would drift by before we’d get around to doing anything about it. 




Here, men appear as if by magic with their hoses and brushes and it’s as if our abode had traveled through a giant car wash.

 Commune living has its plusses.







Then I was off to CVS for my Covid shot. I’d dutifully made my appointment, arrived 15 minutes ahead of time, and when I checked in I was told there were 7 people ahead of me. So I wandered around the store, noting all the things I had no desire to buy, and went back to the pharmacy. There were only 2 chairs available for the herd of us waiting, so I stood there contemplating the display of colon cleansers until a seat was free.

The day before, My Guy had foraged through the house looking in bags and boxes and drawers for his Covid vaccination card. (I smugly went to the drawer I’d put mine in and there it was.)

Card safely in my purse, I finally achieved my spot behind the curtain with the pharmacist. Jab, bandaid, and I was done.

 I asked, “Don’t you want to see my booster record?”

He answered, “No, those are obsolete. Everything is online now.”

12 comments:

  1. Got my Covid booster today. I was also surprised they didn't care about my card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny - I carried that darn card around with me for two years, and no one, not even my doctor, was remotely interested in it.

      Delete
  2. But online where? Did he tell you how to access it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't say and I was too dumb to ask, but later I found a message in my email from CVS with the record of it.

      Delete
  3. Our records are online and available to view through the Medicare website. I recently asked my chemist (pharmacist) to check what month I'd had my jab this year and he said I hadn't had one. Oops, I forgot amid all the flu, pneumonia and shingles shots. i'll be sure to get one next year with my flu shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true here. It's all on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Well, at least you got a sense of satisfaction in being able to locate yours so quickly! I saved mine and no one ever asks for it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One-upsmanship never gets old, no matter how pointless!

      Delete
  6. As I was reading of your guy's troubles finding his card, I realized I'm not sure where mine is. But, not to worry, as it's on my record at the pharmacy, at the dr's office, at the .gov... I can comfortably forget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting. I've saved my husband an my cards in a plastic bag in a special folder under lock and key. Ha. I guess I can relax now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I had COVID in July I have to wait a little longer and I hear rumors that they may be running out down here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.