Monday, June 12, 2023

Under seige


 This was the view out our front door this morning. Roofer tarps galore.

After a quiet weekend, with a little pickleball at the local school on Saturday and a nice late lunch Sunday at a pub in Connecticut, the pounding resumes. While in the shower, it was reassuring to know that we have a second floor up there, since the hammering sounds so close I expect to see someone waving at me from the ceiling. 

Going to the YMCA this morning went all right – at least today there was nothing blocking the garage door, although I did have to weave my way around a big truck that covered half of the driveway. The return wasn’t so successful, with tarps, a bucketloader and two ladders in front of the garage doors. My car is in the street, probably a good thing since I think I’d better check for errant nails before pulling in later.

 

6 comments:

  1. It's not pleasant work, but you'll be glad you had it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. What a hassle. Hopefully it will be over soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are one of three condos linked together and it looks like they're going to do all our front roofs and then do the rears. I was hoping they'd be done with our own roof by now. Could last till the end of the week.

      Delete
  3. A daily nail sweep sounds in order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the hammering would drive me nuts and I'd head to the nearest cinema and spend the day there watching movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdly, you kind of get used to it. I'm just glad - as much as I still miss her - that we don't still have our little dog Mamie. She'd be a wreck.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.