Monday, December 12, 2022

Winter Wakeup


Well, it finally came. After weeks upon weeks of 40 to 50 degree weather (last week I spotted someone toting their golf clubs over the course at the local golf spot), we received our first snowfall. Five plus inches, I think.

And what makes this 7:30 a.m. view out our front door is not the snow, but the fact that no one here had to stuff themselves into hats and boots and trudge out to shovel. This is the magic of condo living. Yes, we ultimately pay for it, but that clear front walk leading to that clear driveway is still magical after 6 years.

          I just took a stroll around our complex in the afternoon sun. There was no wind, it was almost 40 degrees, and I was beginning to embrace the whole winter wonderland vibe when my senses were assailed.

 I’d hit a vortex of Downey, something I deal with way too often here in Condoland.  Some other homeowner’s dryer vent was launching that sickly sweet fabric softener’s stench into the great outdoors for everyone in a 30 foot radius to enjoy.  As you can tell, I’m not a user.

 

9 comments:

  1. Fabric softener makes me nauseous - there is a reason for that- it is POISON!
    Lucky you to have some nice person shovel the walk and the drive! Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric softener ruins everything! Towels don't dry, clothes smell awful, as does the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about the issue with the towels. Trust you to be the one to remember that, Joanne! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I don't like many fabric softener fragrances, they are too strong, too "heady", what were the manufacturers thinking? No one wants to wear clothes that smell like you spilled a bottle of cheap perfume on. I'm happy you have someone to clear the paths and driveways, that's one of the best bonuses of living in a condo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easier to enjoy a snowfall when you know you don't have to go out in it.

      Delete
  4. So many fabric softeners stink (not to put too fine a point on it). Shudder. And yay for snow clearing (something we almost certainly will never need).

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don’t live in a condo, but we do pay for snow removal, and it was great to see the driveway plowed yesterday morning. They don’t do our walk, but it is short.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't use fabric softeners either. My nose doesn't smell as good as it once did, but it sure can pick up those chemical stink bombs! Yecchh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.