Monday, October 31, 2022

Happy Halloween

Our wonderful cat Satchel from long ago

 

 

 

 

 

 

We’re not sure how many trick or treaters we’ll get tonight. We live in the best possible place for them, and yet we’ve never had any. Our complex is predominately older folks, the kind with candy dishes aplenty, and our streets are so quiet most residents use them instead of the sidewalks. This is exactly the kind of place I would have liked in my glory days. A few families have moved in, though, so who knows. I’m putting the porch light on to save me and My Guy from the bag of candy I’ve hidden on a back kitchen shelf.

My gym class was as full as ever today, and I counted 9 orange tees and 5 ladies with spiders, pumpkins, and webs running up and down their workout leggings. 

 

And yesterday I made a very happy discovery at our town library. 


 

I haven’t seen my books on the shelf all summer and decided they’d been purged but Karen, our wonderful head librarian, reassured me that no purging had occurred and the reason my books are out is because they’re, well, out. Either checked out or on loan to other libraries. (Smiley face)

Looks like I have a date with my computer and my neglected fourth book this afternoon.

 

9 comments:

  1. I have that one on my Kindle and enjoyed it very much. Love Satchel looking very spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Satchel tugs at my heart strings. In the best possible way.
    And how wonderful to find your book in the library again - though I hope it disappears into the world quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on seeing yourself on the shelf! Good to know you're in steady circulation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. He was 18 pounds in his prime and once chased a fox that got too near me.

      Delete
  5. Good to know your books are out on loan, not out for good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great to find your books are being used! By the way, the book next to yours on the shelf, "Stiltsville," is fantastic. It's set in Florida. I read it years ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.