Saturday, July 23, 2022

Tranquility




The visitors next door have left, judging by the missing big vehicle and the blessed quiet from their porch. Either that, or they’re buried in the basement and their car has been driven to a distant location. But perhaps I’m watching a bit too many British crime shows.

          Anyway, we’re back to normal, with the neighbors back in their house, AC roaring. That’s what made the whole visit so strange. Usually, the couple next door start up their air conditioning weeks before we even consider it, and only rarely emerge.

          For lack of any other news than My Guy getting a haircut and me going to the grocery store, I’ll take you on my morning walk through our complex. 


We have something of a Stepford sameness here, although the units vary more than you’d think. Some are huge, some small, some are garden-style opening through French doors onto patios, others are two stories, many have vast finished basements.


       The owners’ interest in gardening varies, also. Most places have side beds or beds against the back of the units which are the owner’s responsibility.

 

 

 The whole idea of living here is
to simplify life, so it’s understandable that some residents couldn’t care less about working the soil. But some people left behind large gardens and still want to get out in the sunshine and plant. 


 

 

9 comments:

  1. Hooray for a return to tranquility (whatever the reason). Thank you for the walk through the neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta grab at whatever tranquility we can find nowadays.

      Delete
  2. And I do hope you are staying cool in this heated environment. Loved going around your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank heavens for peace and quiet! The gardens there do look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the garden, and would plant one like the one you picture. Cover the ground with perennials, don't give the weeds a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was, and I guess is, a strange situation next door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing the neighbors are lying down exhausted! All that digging..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm glad the noisy neighbor situation is better. I think I'd want a small patch of earth to work, but I sure wouldn't miss mowing a lawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a joy to watch the landscape guys speed by on their big mowers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.