Sunday, March 6, 2022

Gas and Indigestion

 

Our first visit to our local gas station since the ripple effect from Ukraine started fanning out into our world. Thank heaven we now have our thrifty little SUV. Yes, I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but our Honda’s needs are way less demanding than our previous SUV, which had the same heft and fuel requirements of a Sherman tank.

          Still, I remember past trips to Europe – 5+ years ago – where our current gas prices would likely have been welcomed with open arms.

8 comments:

  1. Drivers here are experiencing similar rises in price. I'm glad I don't drive, but worry the cost of bus tickets might rise because buses use so very much. As a pensioner I get free rides, but my kids don't and they need to get to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a trip to the store, the local gas station had 5.49/gal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my little Honda Civic, 35mph! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember 2012 and Obama explaining how to conserve gas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Higher gas prices pale in comparison to what our Ukrainian sisters and brothers are enduring. I'm just going to consolidate my local trips to save gas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our daughter drives a new Honda CRV and finds the mileage really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We pay two dollars a litter and that is way more than you gallon price. All the world is affected. Sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.