Monday, November 8, 2021

Inspiration


When I arrived at my Boomer low-impact aerobic class this morning, the gym was awash in balloons and cupcakes, not the sort of thing you expect to find where the whole idea is to reduce the jigglies, not add to them.


          Turns out, it was the birthday of Betty, one of our regulars. She’s the tiniest one there, barely 5 feet tall, with bright Lucille Ball hair – or at least that’s it’s current color. She’s always there early, since she also takes the Zumba class held before ours. 

 

          Oh, and which birthday was this?

          Her 90th.


 

8 comments:

  1. She totally deserves cupcakes and balloons. And puts my younger self to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Betty. She kind of gives us hope doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing her birthday with me. I wish her many more happy ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed that she takes classes and can party after! Happy birthday to Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you should celebrate Betty's birthday. She's a great example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zumba at 90!! I've restarted my walking routine and can barely make it around the block.
    Happy Birthday to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to celebrate with her. We're back at Gentle Fit for seniors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NINETY??? what am I moaning about...I have some work to do...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.