Monday, March 16, 2020

Public Service Pics


After determining that in spite of including a fresh pear, a lunch of the last fourth of a port wine cheese ball might not have been the wisest choice for someone looking to drop a few pounds, I popped Mamie in the car and drove to the center of Venice.
There’s a park there bordered by houses and it's chock full of interesting things to sniff and places to pee, and it's one of her very, very favorite spots for a walk. And a stroll outside wouldn’t do me any harm either, particularly after that lunch.

So, here’s some of our outside here for those of you stuck in your inside right now. 


The silvery palm tree is a Bismark, one of my favorites.





In the course of our walk I had time for some d e e p thoughts. Namely, the difficulties an extended shutdown might present.

This brought me to Walgreens on my way home, where I verified for the umpteenth time that, no, there are no thermometers in a 50 mile radius.

But I did manage to grab from the shelf a much more critical item. 


I’m good now for at least another 6 weeks.   

9 comments:

  1. A thermometer! Oh well. I think my sister has one. I know the EMT guys do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my final shopping trip before basically being in house arrest, I bought hair colour. Someday I'm going to leave my house and rejoin society, and at least my roots will be taken care of! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. An extended time could get very interesting...some people are nuts and will get nuttier:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very nice hair colour and some lovely garden areas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe and thank you for the lovely walk. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deep Thoughts by Marty Handy - Righteous Photos For Sure - The Hair Coloring Totally Cracked Me Up - Stay Strong

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one of the old fashioned kind, the one you have to hold under your tongue...somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so pretty there. I could sure use some Florida sun and a little warm air. I still enjoy everything you write!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.