Thursday, March 12, 2020

Pass the hand sanitizer


I’ve counted seven rolls here, but I still have an overwhelming urge to go buy toilet paper, not to mention rubbing my eyes or touching my face.
I could probably create a stampede in the grocery store by doing both simultaneously. Although here in our small town in Florida things still feel pretty calm. Maybe because so much of what happens, happens outside. It’d probably be a challenge to become infected on the beach.

          We texted our daughter last night with a cheery picture of us enjoying a wine tasting with neighbors. Practically before we’d finished tapping out our message, instead of asking what vintages we’d tried, she fired back with, “Don’t eat those crackers!” and “Wash your hands!!”

          And to show how outlooks have changed lately, the day before, a friend of ours who’d been feeling cold symptoms texted with a “Good news! It’s a sinus infection!”

8 comments:

  1. I like the photo of the bird and hat here, is there a story to it? And I got a giggle from your friend's "good news, it is a sinus infection." Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's a replica of the outfits doctors wore during the bubonic plague

      Delete
  2. Hand sanitiser is rarer than hen's teeth here. It is also kept under the counter and doled out in very limited amounts.
    Toilet paper still conspicuous by its absence.
    We had our first confirmed case of the virus yesterday.
    I still have a rotten cold. Going into town yesterday I coughed - and immediately gained a seat to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinus infection here, too, though friends and acquaintances are leary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I'd meet the day when a sinus infection would be called good news!
    I don't use hand sanitiser, good old fashioned soap and water is good enough for me. Even when I'm out, there are public toilets with soap and water available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are finding a balance between taking precautions but carrying on with life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about how rare hand sanitizer is there. At the Y, it's everywhere, thank goodness. And other than probably losing much of my annuities, and that so much of our town is closed, we're doing pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picture. I think I'll start wearing one of those. People would get a kick out of it.

    I haven't been to the grocery store to see the state of things here, but from what I understand, a lot of supplies are not to be had. I hope we don't eventually regret not being hoarders.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.