Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Into the light





We’re all beginning to emerge, blinking into the thin sunlight.


  
Ezekial has finally lumbered off.




Sunday – we all tucked ourselves indoors, almost eagerly anticipating the snow scheduled to begin at 11:00 a.m. but which couldn’t be bothered to show up until around 3:00. Still, we put on our fluffy socks, watched the first snow of the season and turned our thoughts to indoor projects. Snug.


Monday – we woke up to a healthy dose of the white stuff, but I was able to stroll around our complex on the shoveled sidewalks. More indoor projects – turkey soup, sewing, and finishing up a query letter to prospective agents for the third book. It would’ve been nice to get out, but nothing that couldn’t wait till the next day. Cozy.


Tuesday – we woke up to snow falling on the additional foot we’d received overnight. Finished a couple of pillows, made oatmeal cookies neither of us needed after Thanksgiving.
Cozy was wearing a bit thin: the maintenance guys didn’t unblock our driveway until 3:00, the sidewalks and the path to our front door until 5:00 or so. We could forget about that order arriving from UPS, or anything other than a dog sled team.



Today I have my annual appointment with my dermatologist –

Out of the house! Driving the car! Other people!

I’m quivering in the excitement.   
Can you find the little white dog on the sidewalk?

9 comments:

  1. Yikes! That is a LOT of snow. I hope you made it out and about without any problems. And no, I can't see the dog on the sidewalk. Where? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I knew I'd taken the picture, but only after much squinting did I find her. She's the less-white patch 3/4s of the way up the walk.

      Delete
  2. Wow -- the dog really blends in! I kind of miss days like that, being socked in and just watching TV and getting things done around the house. We never get that much snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.
    My animal concious eyes did spot the dog - who I suspect was very happy to come inside.
    We continue to be hot and windy. Fires continue to burn. Forgive me, but your snow looks very, very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merciful heavens, as much as I crave snow, that is a bit much. Yep, I found her.
    Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite a dumping. We only have a little at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't had that amount yet, and can do without it. At cards Monday we marveled at the unusual trajectory of this storm that took it along the northern edges of the great lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow is nice in decent amounts but what you had is insane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of snow and you still have how many months to go? Mamie was easy to spot, snow doesn't have waves like Mamie's tail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.