Friday, June 17, 2016

The Big Day



     I’ve been checking the weather so obsessively it’s a shame that the Weather Channel app doesn’t provide rewards points. 


          I’ve sat up in bed at 3 a.m. to think, “Kleenex! Lots of Kleenex!”


          I’ve been packed for three days, then unpacked, repacked, and packed again. 


          I’ve been attempting to get enough sun to at least beige my bingo wings (sleeveless dress), but not so much that the age spots on my face turn into continents. 


          I spent yesterday evening with my feet in the dishpan in the hopes of a) soaking off the summer-going-barefoot dirt and b) later grating off calluses so thick I could cross a tar road in Oklahoma at high noon in July. 


          I’ve worried about speeches, toasts, first dances, getting lost, getting to places on time, and hair. Always hair. 


          Tonight is the rehearsal dinner (Speeches! Toasts! And of course, hair!)

          Tomorrow night our son is marrying a wonderful, wonderful woman.

          And that’s one thing I’m not worried about at all!

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair, shmair.
    The important bases are covered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, congratulations to them both, and to you as well. I laughed at the description of the beige bingo wings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good time, they will get married regardless!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just enjoy the day. Have a good time. Don't sniffle like I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gotta love weddings! the last one I went to I got a manicure and pedicure. I did the same thing, used a pumice stone to grind off the ground in dirt on my heels/callouses from going barefoot all the time so I wouldn't look like a hill billy to the manicurist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's tomorrow and I hope all the worries are behind you and you are having a marvelous time enjoying your son's wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish him a happy and long-lasting marriage. Good luck with all the preparations. :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your son and his new wife! I say just cover up the calluses. No one will know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.