Monday, October 27, 2014

Completely Random Monday Musings








This weekend the Welcome Words team spent all day Saturday - really all day -  raking and blowing the leaves that had fallen so heavily we couldn’t see the grass before we began. After umpteen hours, the front and back yards were pristine. How can it be that when we looked up, our trees still had a full complement of leaves, many of them green? Perhaps the leaves were imported and scattered across our lawn Friday night as we lay sleeping?

Winter is coming. I don’t mind winter, really I don’t. I do fear it, however.
Or to be more accurate, I fear the holidays in it.
Halloween candy, Thanksgiving everything, Christmas cookies, Valentine candy, Easter candy.
At first I sail along, no new baggage to the hips or waist, and suddenly,
**WHAM** my jeans don’t fit. How can I gain weight in the course of an hour?


There is no toilet paper on the roll. There is, however, a brand new roll sitting in plain view. My husband was the last to use the WC.
Possibilities:

  1. I’m being deliberately manipulated
  2. He just forgot, since this is the same man who has left his sun roof open for overnight rainstorms exactly 53 times.

And don’t get me started on the mystery of the dirty glass brought into the kitchen and left on the counter above the dishwasher sitting two inches beneath it. 

11 comments:

  1. I'm taking a break from raking at the moment. I've been at it for weeks! I'm ready for snow to put a stop to it. Wait! No! I didn't mean that. :-)
    I can relate to all three of your random thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guy always replaces the roll, and I'm grateful for it. Today at the coffee shop there was a new roll sitting above the holder, so I was pleased that I actually got a chance to put it on. Correctly, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. More mysteries of the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I gained a pound just reading this post. Not looking forward to all the temptation either. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've cut a wide swath in this post from pleasantly raking leaves. To complaining about your husband! Aren't we only allowed one topic per post???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh. I hear the jack boots of the Blog Police nearing!

      Delete
  6. I haven't raked one bit. I did run the lawnmower right over a bunch of leaves. Compost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The world is full of mysteries, is it not? :-) My husband, for instance, leaves his clothes -- every day! -- just feet from the hamper...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man! Can I take the credit for writing this post? I am the dishwasher here and as soon as I empty the dishwater and hang the towel he sits a dirty glass down on the counter. As for the leaves, my stress has not even begun yet but will run through January!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're talking weight gain and I'm sitting here eating chocolate!
    My jeans don't fit either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.