Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Monday at the Mall

 For the first time in what has to be at least two years, I paid a visit to the big shopping mall in the next town.

Or at least I visited the two anchor stores there, Macy’s and Penney’s. I had no interest in walking the almost- half mile distance from one store to the other and back again, passing baseball cap and other shops catering to the under-20 set.

What I thought would be a fun trip with a cornucopia of choice turned out to be anything but. My goal – tee shirts, clothes to knock around in, nothing fancy. At first it was exciting – unlike the hit-or-miss of Marshall’s or TJ Max, there were tidy racks displaying the same item all lined up in different sizes.

 But I completely struck out at Macy’s, where everything was ugly or over-priced, or ugly and overpriced. I did find a couple of casual buttoned shirts at Penny’s, but again was amazed at how hard I had to look to find them.

Of course, my new shopping parameters of no tanks, no capped sleeves, no tight middles, and no cropped tops slowed things down, too.

Next I went down the road to good old Kohl’s, source of many successful tee shirt hunts. Nothing. Poor quality, ugly designs, and skimpy.

And this was a bit off-putting, too!

Yes, men and women in neighboring stalls. There's such a thing as too much egalitarianism.


4 comments:

  1. I avoid malls when I can. Too loud, too noisy, too bright, too expensive, too much. All this and limited choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you had no luck. I'mhappy to keep wearing my old things until they get holes in them! Maybe even after...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, over the past few years, my clothes have - ahem - changed somehow in various places, necessitating replacing some of them.

      Delete
  3. When it comes to Tshirts I usually head for the menswear section to get shirts loose enough to fit over the boobs which means they are also loose around the middle, a decent length and have decent sleeves. Sometimes the colour choices aren't great but I'm not a fashion model so don't care too much as long as they are machine washable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.