Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Thinking, dining, strolling

I have nothing at all planned for today, but maybe I should since it had an auspicious beginning: got the Wordle in three, although that’s more to do with luck than brilliance.

          Last night we did the unthinkable, probably against some Florida statute – we ate somewhere that had absolutely no view of the ocean.

        

Just down the street from us, the restaurant could just have easily have been found in the Italian section of our city back home, wooden tables staged in the middle of shelves full of wine. olive oil, and canned goods. I’ll happily go back for the homemade pasta, and the free half glass of Prosecco wasn’t too shabby either.

 

           

The views on my morning walk were mixed, though –

 


         It’s bloom time for our magnolias, their giant creamy blossoms sending out their perfume to lucky passersby.

 

 

 

 

 

 


          And the discarded tires someone’s tossed on the edge of our property.

 

14 comments:

  1. A day with nothing planned sounds blissful to me. Hopefully I will have one of them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a blessing. Sometimes just boring.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could think of something mean to do to the folks who actually dumped the tires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The restaurant looks cosy. I'd love to find a discarded tyre, just one, to sit on top of my wide pot so I could add more soil to the poatato plant growing in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had nothing planned yesterday, so I got my driver's license renewed. Now that I am eighty, I need to go in person. It was fast and efficient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fast and efficient? At the Department of Motor Vehicles? The mind boggles.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Maddening, huh? Nestled there in the lush growth.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.