Saturday, February 25, 2023

Year of the Tissue

 


I’ve gotten behind at keeping you up to date on events in the pre-school universe.

Thus, you’ve missed such gripping lessons as practicing how to put on the winter weather gear one step at a time (mittens/gloves go on last!), or using "indoor voices".

       Fortunately, I just received the report from our twin grandgirls’ school. It’s easy to sense a theme from this week’s bulletin of their doings and conversation topics, and I’m reminded of what a petri dish pre-school can be.

 

Excerpts:

What we’ve been up to-

Collecting natural materials (pine needles, sticks, pinecones)

Painting pine cones with pine needles

The Nose Blowing Contest!

Painting with hands and feet

Sneezing out spiky balls at the park

Arguing about who gets to talk first

Coughing

 

What we’ve been talking about –

Tissues and noses

NO!! I’m talking!

Pasta for lunch

Germs. Catch your sneeze in your elbow

Sisters and cousins

5 comments:

  1. I know plenty of adults who need to learn to catch their sneezes and coughs. I'm looking forward to interesting news when my twin Grand daughters begin pre-school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fellow twin grandma! Ours will be visiting us in a couple of weeks. Can't wait.

      Delete
  2. That Calvin cartoon is so right on. And I do hope you will not get too loaded down with germs this season, friend. Ahhh-CHOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I just wrote above, a visit is impending and we're braced for the inevitable aftermath.

      Delete
  3. I've been missing the updates from the perpetual motion preschool. Tired just reading about what they've done. But preschool attention span is measured in minutes, after all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.