Thursday, August 19, 2021

Timely Signs

On my way yesterday to drop Mamie off at the groomer’s, I passed our town’s elementary school.

With a couple of weeks to go, the parking lot was still empty but you could tell they’ve been preparing for that important first day with a sign I've never seen before Covid:


          My Guy and I were scheduled for lunch with his sister and her husband, whom we haven’t seen in a year and a half. Unfortunately, brother-in-law had to cancel at the last minute in order to supervise a contractor who had shown up to work on their garage.  These days, contractors are rare and elusive beings so you grab them any way you can. The three of us had a good time anyway, since we had a massive amount of catching up to do.

          In the afternoon I went to pick up the Mamester. While I waited for her to appear, I studied the dog treats, car signs (“I love my Schnauzer, beagle, etc.), and leashes and collars for sale. I studied the dog-shaped display shelf, the chairs with pawprint fabric, and the looping video of freshly trimmed pets. Nothing unusual there. But on one wall hung this sign (name blacked out by me):

 


5 comments:

  1. The last sign would have lifted my spirits - while deploring the necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that some places are holding seminars like this for their staff. This is one of the strangest times I can remember in the history of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first sign is intriguing. "Police take notice"? I would think police would already know. Makes me wonder who else is using the grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know Mamie is in safe hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Signs of the times, indeed! I think a lot of places hold Covid safety training, but that's the first time I've seen a graduation certificate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.