Friday, January 15, 2021

Change of Pace

 My words have been a bit dark lately, so how about some images instead. These are all from the two laps I do around our small complex each morning. It's pretty repetitive, but there's often something new to see.  

 

 

 Florida can be surprisingly drab



 

 

 

 

 

 

But then you turn a corner, 

and. . 




(And by the way, why can't I place photos side by side anymore? Thank you, new Blogger.)


Some of our resident wildlife. 

Yes, we have our own gator. This is the larger of the two. They seem to stay in the lagoons, but sometimes I feel like I'm walking bacon on a leash when I take Mamie out.




 

 

 

 

These tree roots fascinate me every time I pass by them. 

They look enchanted, like something from Lord of the Rings.

And this discard from a palm tree looks like finely shellacked mahogany. 

Doesn't it look as though we should be able to make something beautiful from it?

 

This wild area is across the street, but with the rampage of new construction going on, it likely won't last much longer. 

And finally, last night's sunset.


 

12 comments:

  1. great pictures. yeah, very hard to get pictures side by side. probably because this upgrade was supposed to make it better for mobile devices. so I'm not thrilled about that but it did solve some problems that I had been dealing with like inserting spaces extra spaces between paragraphs will nilly or an arrow whenever I tried to edit an already published post. I would have to go into the code to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd, because I was going to write a post (and still may) complaining about a new development of spaces between paragraphs.

      Delete
    2. You can edit a published post by going to your new posts page, highlight or click on the post, then click on "revert to draft", do the editing, then click on "publish" and that's it.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, River! My problem, though, is that I write in Word and then paste it into my blog. Lately it's been shape-shifting and I've had to re-type. (Not the biggest problem in the world, I admit.)

      Delete
  2. Awww. These pictures make me homesick for Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited my BFF who moved from the Lake Erie snowbelt of Ohio to the outer banks of Georgia a few years ago. She had all that, too. The "friendly" alligators were very interesting. She's just moved back to Ohio. Not a southern girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The discard from a palm tree would make a fine entrance for a fairy garden/village.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, nice walk! I don't think I ever was able to put two pictures side by side in Blogger. I love those Florida scenes and wish I could visit my sister there, but we must wait until this dratted virus is under control. I'm not a fan of gators hanging around a neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is absolutely essential that we look for beauty in our lives in these dark times. I love that path through the palms, I wish I could grow them in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh* I envy you being able to step out the door and go for a walk. The alligator though... No thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to walk without bundling up for ten minutes ahead of time. I don't envy you the alligator though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it looks so pretty there. Me too, about the alligators. I would be scared to death of looking back and seeing one walking behind me. :) The new Blogger drives me crazy, mostly it is the print size changing. No matter what I select, it prints in different sizes. It's probably me and my knowledge of computers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.