Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Single Tasking

 

Our current speed

       Remember the old adage, if you want something done, ask a busy person?  We’ve become the living embodiment of its converse:

                                                Monday morning -

My Guy:        “When is the condo Zoom board meeting?”

Me:              “Today, at 6:00 I think.”

My Guy:        “Huh. . .I thought I saw on Facebook that it was the 19th.”

Me:              “Let me check my email. .  . Yeah, it’s today at 6:00.”

                                              Lunch, dinner, TV viewing –

                                             10:30 Monday night

My Guy:        “Guess what – We missed the Zoom meeting.”

          Two adults, having discussed the meeting date and time, on the day of the meeting, still managed to completely forget it.

         

 

9 comments:

  1. Ooops.
    I have done very, very similar things.
    Mind you I am not a fan of meetings and would have to ask myself whether I had deliberately put a missed meeting out of my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! Reminds me of yesterday after lunch and our daily chess game when hubby stood up and looked around and asked "Do you know where my glasses are?" Uh . . . you're wearing them?! Gotta love moments like that! (Just popping around blog land this morning and came upon your lovely space. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep. looked at my night blooming cereus one afternoon and realized the 12 buds on it were going to open that night. did I see them? nope. forgot all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forget things exactly the same way, even when people remind me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes while driving about it the car, Sue will hold something in her hand to remind us to go someplace to do something. And then we pull into the driveway with it still in her hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that sounds about right! I have to set the alarm on my iPhone to remind me whenever something like that is coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been there and done that. Unless you have a phone alarm set about 30 minutes before, that stuff happens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.