Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Boredom to Beauty

     

     

     I'd finished my 956 page (no-really) murder mystery by Elizabeth George, the jigsaw puzzle held no allure, I'd already swabbed so much Pine Sol through the house that it smelled like a high school locker room, and the dog was bored. Time to hit the town.

         


 

 Back we drove to her favorite park where we found a yappy Chihuahua (or is that redundant?), a miniature poodle, and two slightly chunky King Charles spaniels.

          We also found a lot of beauty:


 























     We also met up with someone else out for a stroll  scurry.

   

A little chameleon, who I promise isn’t dead, but might have been taking a page from the opossum survival handbook.


9 comments:

  1. YOU did find a lot of beauty. Thank you.
    And yes, yappy is indeed redundant about that breed of dog. Yappy and too often nippy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pretty flowers. I am not a fan of ankle biters as a breed, but I cannot seem to resist them when I get acquainted with one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little chameleon is a little charmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A chameleon! Lucky you. I've never seen one, I don't think we have them here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. George’s books cannot be too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A length greatly appreciated during a boring pandemic. Claim to fame : I met her at a writer's conference and she sat with several of us for lunch!

      Delete
  6. Impressed that you hung in for 956 pages. No one appreciates a chihuahua till they own one. Then they are all adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely LOOKS dead. Glad you got out for a mini-adventure! We need to seize all the opportunities we can, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm afraid I gave up on Elizabeth George when her plots started getting a bit wonky and the story lines became so convoluted I had to keep notes to remember where it was going...but I can appreciate the effort it takes to both write and read anything that long. Pictures are elegant, we are so far from flowers up here, as yet...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.