Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Distant Thoughts



Since the dog groomer is still open and my salon is closed, should I sharpen my hair braiding skills or instead ask the groomer for a pet/owner twofer special?



Sure, I’ve been wiping down the front door, locks, and handle – gateways to the outside land of germs, and I still clean the bathroom and make the bed.  But then there’s the scattered shoes and two days of newspaper on the coffee table. With no chance of anyone stepping beyond the front door mat, what level of squalor will it take before I’m driven to tidy up? (Bearing in mind that the sight of the vacuum is so unfamiliar it drives Mamie into a shaking bundle in My Guy’s lap.)



We’ve relaxed a little sartorially, too. Each morning I tend to choose my stretchiest pants and softest tops. I wonder how many of us have just decided to heck with it and gone to an all-pajama, all-the-time wardrobe.



With little else to do, dinner is taking on a new importance.  With only meals to mark the hours in the day, combined with the reduction in exercise, will we soon be able to measure the number of confinement days by the poundage we’ve put on?



On the positive side, it’s good to have a dog to get me outside. And Mamie might finally earn her keep. I could probably rent her out to shut-ins yearning for a legitimate reason to be out and about.

10 comments:

  1. Currently in leggings and a top that would likely be described as exercise wear, but isn't living up to its reputation! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hairdressers here remain open (so long as the cut/do can be achieved in 30 minutes). They are also supposed to maintain the separation guidelines which strikes me as impossible unless they have Inspector Gadget extendo arms or use hedge clippers.
    Jazz loathes and detests the suck monster too. Tough. I am pretty certain that the contents of our vacuum are mostly dirty cat hair.
    I like your rent a dog idea. There could be a lot of money in that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That 30 minute rule is anew one on me. And the inspector Gadget image made me chuckle.

      Delete
  3. I am missing my usual workouts. No nothing to differentiate one day from another. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't considered a dog as a valuable asset until this eipdemic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neither of us are too keen to cook at the moment. It was just egg in an English Muffin tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your humorous look at the situation. we just have to make the best of it and you're doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to spend all day in my pyjamas and if I hadn't seen the doctor who ordered me to walk-or-else, I would be doing just that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You hit the nail on the head regarding the importance of dinner these days...I used to be able to eat out once or twice a week for a break. Now I attempt to cook healthy. I have spent mornings in my pajamas, so that is not something new for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of my co-workers and I entered into a pact to ensure that we bathe and change at least some of our garments regularly! Working from home opens the door to a whole new level of slovenly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.