Monday, September 16, 2019

Milestone


I rarely, very rarely post family photos on my blog.

However, it’s not every day you get to mark 50 years of marriage. The official date is in November, but this weekend My Guy and I gathered with our family and good friends to celebrate the event.

And for those of you getting out your calculators, please know this all started when I was 8 1/2. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.



Here’s most of our clan from the shindig this weekend on a Providence roof top. We missed a few when we threw this shot together, but we appreciate everyone’s kindness in trekking to our celebration.



And if you’re ever in the neighborhood of Rhode Island, I recommend checking to see if there’s a WaterFire, a convergence of music and strolling along Providence’s river. It’s pretty basic – giant braziers in the river are set aflame as night falls, but it’s absolutely mesmerizing. 


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations - and what a wonderful way to mark the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a milestone! Wonderful you could all have some time together to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on joining the club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I guess congratulation are due to you, too!

      Delete
  4. A great clan, a lovely picture.Congratulations. and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary. It's something to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you both, and your lovely clan. And thanks for that cool fire picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on such a great anniversary. So glad so many could join you. The bridge and the fires at night were so special. Set your sights on 60. Should be easy since you are only 58.5 now:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, I love your thinking! And especially your math.

      Delete
  8. Oh, what fun. I love that you have that much family to celebrate with. We had ours last year, so yes, welcome to the club. you being SO much younger than we are, and that is, by the way, great hair. On both of you.

    The Waterfire must have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.