Friday, June 13, 2014

Dreams and Dust

Here's my latest contribution to 
 Five Sentence Fiction. 


This week's prompt is          
          Wishes

You'll find other entries at:



The paper was thin, not particularly high quality, and the printing upon it washed out; you’d think it would look more, what?, important?

She held it, heart racing, disbelieving, in her hand : 10 - 40 - 63 – 64 – 69

She looked again at the sparkly blond on television with the basket of numbered balls and the five that had been selected and rowed up.

Yes, there they were:  10 - 40 – 63 - 64 – 60.

Maylene crumpled the paper into the pocket of her ripped jeans and turned back to dusting Mrs. Shepherd’s highboy.


7 comments:

  1. Closer than the top of the highboy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Maylene. She's learnt the better way I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you watch Lost? I was a total addict.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but once I missed a few episodes I found it tricky to get back on track.

      Delete
  4. Ah the tragedy :( Such a reality for so many though.


    Shailaja/The Moving Quill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I know how Maylene felt. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.