Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Vermont perfection and a small rant


(Unfortunately I’m unable to figure out how to post any on my iPad of the pictures I can’t seem to stop taking

    We’re here in Manchester, VT for two days.

It’s been about 15 years since we were last here and it seemed like a good thing to do at the end of the summer. It’s a lovely town, full of inns, big historic houses, and marble sidewalks. Although this would be even more beautiful in the autumn.  

    I’m a little sleep-deprived. Because they’re revamping the small room I’d originally reserved, we were upgraded to a massive one with a sitting room and fireplace. Plus air conditioning and baseboard heating, which ran simultaneously through the night until, perspiring, I figured it out I the morning. 

      And then duvet didn’t help.  My long-running rant, something I don’t understand, is WHY are hotels all slinging these onto beds with no other option than just a sheet? 

       Ah well.  This afternoon we’re off to a play in a neighboring town, then dinner. So far it’s been a great pre-birthday excursion. 

5 comments:

  1. The font is different, too. But it's a post, and you made a real effort to let your followers know what's going on with you. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I am not a duvet fan. They're all over Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manchester is a beautiful town. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my duvet which I call a doona. Perhaps quality blankets have become too expensive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone's operating on the "one weight fits all" theory. Which it doesn't.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.