Monday, August 26, 2024

Rainbows and Cemetery Plots

 

Apologies for being so long away. There’s absolutely no reason for it. I haven’t even been doing anything especially interesting. Or I guess that's the reason.

          Anyway, keeping with the dullness theme, my morning so far has consisted of reading (a book by the fabulous Elly Griffiths than I can’t put down) , walking, and picking up Saturday’s mail. Woo hoo.


          I skipped my usual Monday Boomers’ exercise class – which I actually enjoy quite a bit – for, again, no particular reason, and instead did a walk through the complex where I was treated to a rainbow.

       

   I find it too mind-numbing to do the same walk two times around and so took a short cut, only traveling about a mile and a half. Still, a respectable distance – certainly not deserving of the mail I picked up:


A flyer inviting My Guy and me to a scintillating evening touring an assisted living facility and secondly (covering all possibilities) a pre-planning offer from the funeral home in town.  

6 comments:

  1. Elly Griffiths is good isn't she. And yay for rainbows. They brighten my mood any time I see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I guess a rainbow produced by an in-ground sprinkler is just as good as any, right?

      Delete
  2. I pick up my mail as infrequently as possible. Mostly flyers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outside of the occasional birthday card, mail hasn't been truly fun for years.

      Delete
  3. Any rainbow from any source is a bonus. Mail? I walk to my mailbox daily, a whole fifteen steps, only to find it empty 99% of the time. But that still counts as exercise, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been doing the same walk for years and am glad I don't mind the routine. Congrats on seeing that rainbow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.