Monday, June 3, 2024

Book Bonanza

 After this morning’s Boomer exercise class at the Y, I watered everybody in the garden and then showered up to run errands.

          I needed to visit the library because I’m completely out of books, which for me is kind of like a smoker after his last pack. I’ve even finished the required book club book; I expected it would be sad and tough going, but it turned out to be a good read.




           It went quickly, and not just because I was given a large print version. It takes place during the 1960’s segregation busing in Boston, so I thought it would be chock full of how unspeakable the Southies were, and all the injustices of the times. But it focused more on a white (and racist) mother whose daughter goes missing.



          So today I went to a neighboring town’s library and hit the jackpot. 

         Four – count them, four! – of my favorite authors. I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon reading. But here’s the acid test – which of the four do I want to start with the most?

8 comments:

  1. What riches. I really, really like Elly Griffiths work - and haven't seen that one. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my favorite character of hers. This must be here latest. It was published in 2023.

      Delete
  2. I like Elly Griffiths, too. She is retiring the Ruth Galloway character. Makes me sad.
    Take Care,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect I might be reading that last one - and yes, that's the book I chose to start with because I love Ruth Galloway. Sad indeed to see it end.

      Delete
  3. I do like Dennis Lehane's books and used to have quite a few on my shelf, but my son has them now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy your riches. I am no longer able to read books but still have my Kindle app with low vision setting. I might try one of those. I just finished Salman Rushdie's book about the knife attack. It was quite a good read, actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't forget audio books. My library system is linked to an excellent one that offers literally thousands of titles.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.