Friday, June 9, 2023

Heads Up!

 At 7:30 this morning I was out. Dead to the world, at one with my pillow, asleep.


 

Then, BAM! BAM! BAM!

 

 

 

 

 

 

As you can see, thanks to the camera we have in the garage window, the roofers had arrived, starting early to miss this afternoon’s rain.

Their goal was to complete the garage, which they finished off efficiently. 

 

The only snag for us was trying to get out, since their ladders were positioned right over the garage doors, and the big bucket loader collecting old shingles and bringing new came and went in the driveway. But it’s done and now we have all the rest of the roof to look forward to next week.

6 comments:

  1. That's before I get up, tool I've been told other residents are meeting for breakfast in the bistro. If they say anything before eight a.m., count me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically, I've been waking up at 6:00 lately, but I'd been up late the night before.

      Delete
  2. That's a disconcerting way to wake up, for sure. But I guess it was a necessary move for them, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least they got done before the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The earlier they start, the earlier they finish -- look at it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My neighbor is doing his entire house and it is noisy and has been for days! They at least texted to let us know and apologized...for the noise which is not their fault.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.