Sunday, January 30, 2022

Look Out Below

For more weather news:

In five years, I’ve never turned on the heat here in Florida – in fact, I’d forgotten that we even had it.

Today could be the day, though. We woke up to 38 degrees, as reported by the TV station up the road in Sarasota. Better than the current temp of 3 degrees back home in Massachusetts, but still a challenge for our single-glazed windows and cinderblock walls here.

          There are others, though, with bigger problems. Last night’s news reported:

Much of the state will remain mostly clear and frigid tonight with the chance for scattered to isolated falling iguanas from trees due to subfreezing temperatures that may temporarily paralyze them.

          I kid you not. 


 

 

10 comments:

  1. Poor iguanas! They're not native, so they're not made for Florida winters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor, poor iguanas. I am glad to read that the paralysis is temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered what that photo showed, thought it might be an alligator either dead or basking in the sun. Iguanas Falling From Trees, that could be a book title. Poor little guys. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I had no idea that a weatherman would ever have to caution someone to watch out for falling iguanas! Life is indeed strange these days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially liked the “scattered to isolated” falling iguanas

      Delete
  5. There was a blogger, back when I started, called Raining Iguanas. We read each other's blogs. He wrote short stories. I don't know what became of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here you probably thought he was speaking in metaphors

      Delete
  6. Temporarily paralysed? So he's okay as soon as the sun comes up and warms him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I guess they perk up eventually and go on about their iguana business

      Delete
  7. That’s weird. I guess as long as they make it through.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.