Saturday, January 29, 2022

Job Opportunity

 

It’s always nice to feel wanted, but there are limits.

          In my email today I found a job offering from a head-hunter company who found my email address god-knows-where:

 

          Excavation Manager

            Roto Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service

            Marlborough, MA

 

            As a 10-years-retired English teacher with earlier professional years in television production, not to mention an even earlier small stint in the CIA’s training department, I haven’t decided whether I’d be under or over qualified.

8 comments:

  1. I keep being offered jobs on call centres. And as a librarian's assistant. And as a shelf stacker. I would certainly be underqualified to undertake a plumbing job. Any plumbing job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I don't think there is much danger of you taking this position. Is there? Please say no. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in my teaching days, there were moments when cleaning drains seemed preferable to what I was dealing with, but no.

      Delete
  3. I'm two months short of seventy nine and still have accounting job offers dangled. Far, far more money than I earned, thirty years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But we have to have good plumbers as well as good writers, or neither our ideas nor our pipes will hold water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Full disclosure, it's not mine! I think it was the man who founded Common Cause.

      Delete
  5. I get weird e-mails like that too sometimes. I think, "HOW on earth did I wind up on this mailing list?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so weird. I don’t get emails offering me jobs. They probably know how incompetent I am.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.