Friday, December 13, 2019

For your own little princess


Put down that Hammacher Schlemmer catalog with its “Two Seat Working Mack Dump Truck”, $399.95,  or the “Harry Potter Levitating Golden Snitch Sculpture”, $199.95.  Just hit your local Home Goods store.



          “Well, now I’ve seen everything.”

          I looked up from my study of Christmas pillows, and then scanned the area to see who the woman near me was speaking to. Her comments were apparently directed at anyone nearby in Home Goods that day. I looked around again to see what she was talking about.

          How did I miss it sitting there, longer than a Chevy suburban and twice as tall?


This was concrete evidence of the absolute craziness of this time of year.

          A Cinderella coach, with what looked to be working wheels and ready to be hitched up to prancing white horses – after they’d been transformed from mice, of course.

          It could be mine for the bargain sum of $1799.00. I decided that at 18 months our twin granddaughters were a little young for it.

          The most amazing part was knowing that they’d put the huge carriage, which was taking up priceless floor space in the heart of holiday shopping, in the sure knowledge that someone would buy it.

9 comments:

  1. You are right about the most amazing part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll go right down and buy it for myself. You can never have too many coaches. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd buy it! If I had the money and the space to put it. It would make a great garden piece, filled with pot plants of the twirling, flowering, climbing kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where does one place a thing like that in one's home? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be a lovely garden feature...except way to expensive for most gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's a plant stand? But I think I could find a cheaper and more practical one. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.