Friday, August 18, 2017

Wallflowers at the Dance



Absolutely no one showed up for the open house at our place on Sunday – granted the weather that day was spectacular, but still. . .no one?

Then we received a request for a showing on Wednesday. A showing! Someone was deliberately choosing us!

          My Guy mowed yet again, I ran over on Monday and Tuesday to empty the dehumidifier in the basement, he went over Wednesday morning to hide the dehumidifier (damp? What damp?) and turn on the fountain in the back garden.

          We didn’t quite sit around staring at the phone that evening, but curiosity did strike once or twice.

          This morning a text came in from our realtor. They made an offer.

          On a different house.

10 comments:

  1. Be prepared to prep your house a dozen times more. Or more and more. Then, pouf, the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this. Your house was the same way . . . we waited and waited, when the right person showed up and we could put the sold sign up. It will happen . . . it just takes the right person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh.
    I hope this ends quickly for you. Very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a different house?
    Aww rats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one? That's really kind of amazing. I do hope this all comes to a perfect ending for you. This seems a little strange to me during a time when homes are going like hotcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. But I promise we have no relatives or even door-to-door salesmen buried in the basement.

      Delete
  6. hope it happens soon. when my sister's husband died she knew she didn't want to stay in that house...too big and two acres...though she wasn't ready right away but the realtor told her it would probably take a year to sell so she should put it on the market now. she did and then she got a contract within two weeks. she had to scramble to find a new house and pack all when she was still heavily grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wise woman. Wish I had know that after all my many moves.

    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it sells soon, perhaps you should bake cookies or throw some lavish party and invite a whole bunch of realtors:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.