Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Stress versus a stroll with a little dog



So that snowball has started its roll down the hill and it’s picking up momentum and objects at an alarming rate.

          Our closing date is next week. Next week!!!

          The real estate lady was here photographing the yard yesterday afternoon – after My Guy and I labored outside all morning like plantation workers on superior-quality amphetamines.

          Today she’s coming again to stare artistically at our unfamiliarly stripped-down rooms and plan the staging for tomorrow’s indoor photographs, which will go on-line soon for the official listing of our house.

          Thus, about all I have to offer today is some soothing shots from one of Mamie’s walks around town.  


 

          We often end up here at the private academy, where graduating seniors can add a block to its bordering brick wall.  









          Some show their solidarity with friends,


          Or their culture,


         
 



 Or leave thoughts for us to ponder.

          Then we head to one of Mamie’s favorite spots for a sip and a dip in a small stream that cuts through the grounds.


 And in case you've ever wondered, yes, dogs do smile.


7 comments:

  1. So close. You must be exhausted and excited. And of course dogs smile. So do cats, but they sneer more readily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at EC's comment. Yes, of course dogs smile. And I'm glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing dogs smile! That stream looks a little murky.
    I check out real estate sites online for fun and have to say I'm getting tired of seeing the same staged interiors across the board. Clear plastic chairs in a certain style seen in many, many houses from different agents, the same bright orange whatever on a bright blue background in house after house. I think they're just not trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the realtor was limited to using our boring stuff. But at least it will look more like a real home.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that sounds like a lot of hard work. I wonder what someone would do with our "stuff" to make the house look better. I hope it all goes very well. And I love your smiling dog picture. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mamie is adorable! I love that last picture! I would love to sit in that cool green grass, and I see clover blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. preparing, closing, moving. yikes. it took us years to move to the country house...one box or piece of furniture at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.