Saturday, July 12, 2014

Re-Write



Here's my not-very-fictional contribution to

Five Sentence Fiction. 

This week's topic is Pages.
You can find other entries at 

Lillie McFerrin Writes


In chapter seven, Cate MacLeod and Taser the wolfhound made a hideous discovery during a walk in the woods.  It had taken a while to get them there, what with the need to first introduce characters, provide background and establish motives.

Now things were sailing along nicely as page 175 went by and chapter fourteen closed, with red herrings liberally sprinkled about and a minor love interest created. The phone rang, the long-awaited call from the agent: Move the murder to chapter two.

The writer heaved a long, sad sigh and sat down to the blank page before her. 


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. I'll take all the sympathy I can get. Otherwise, what's the point of whining?

      Delete
  2. I love this! And it's so full of REAL LIFE for a writer.
    The "Calvin & Hobbs" added the perfect touch -- the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra - How nice of you to stop by!
      I'm with you - I can't possibly get enough Calvin and Hobbs.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I might just stop writing altogether and post nothing but Calvin and his buddy.
      My stats would hit the stratosphere.

      Delete
  4. Oh, my...no, keep writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.