Friday, March 15, 2024

Flashback

 

          After a delightful breakfast out (an omelet and a fabulous scone with a hefty helping of Devonshire cream!), I visited the WC before leaving.

          There, I found a sight that I never, ever would have seen in those bad old post-2020 times:



          A table holding a generous supply of toilet paper, unguarded and set out for patrons’ convenience. Mid-Covid times, I’d probably have contemplated this vision and debated whether emptying my purse of non-essentials like my wallet and car keys would make enough room for me to abscond with a roll.  

7 comments:

  1. And some people are wondering or asking if we are better off than we were 4 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No such thing here, they would all be nicked in the blink of an eye. But you have reminded me I need one of those baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? People steal toilet paper? Theft is theft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you better off than you were 4 years ago MAGAts ask. well, four years ago the country was in lockdown, people were dying thousands every day with their bodies stored in refrigerator trucks, the president was telling us to inject bleach and shine a UV light up our asses, and of course, toilet paper was non-existent. I'm astonished that they can even seriously ask that question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And hold on to your hat if things go sideways in November.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.