Sunday, January 17, 2021

One More Day

Outside of initially believing it was Saturday, reading Friday’s newspaper and deciding I’d been wrong and it must be Friday, then finding the correct paper and learning that, yes, it really was Saturday, yesterday was stunningly dull, but kind of soothing.

          Schlep around with morning tea. Finally out for my two laps around the complex. (Don’t get too impressed – it’s not jogging, just quick walking. But it is almost two miles.) Back to leash up Mamie, who as usual is hysterical with joy that I came home and didn’t abandon her forever, and take her for a half loop around. Fight with the vacuum to change its bag, then vacuum. Mamie now hysterical with fear. Make tentative plans with My Guy to take out the bikes. Read for a bit. Determine that with the palms almost bent double, it’s too windy for a ride. Eat lunch. Load up Mamie – again hysterical with joy – for a car ride to drop off stuff at the drive-in Goodwill. Walk Mamie around her favorite park. Come home, finish book, make soup and popovers. Settle in for two episodes of Escape to the Chateau and one of Gangs of London.


 
Finished my book. Lights out.  

 

7 comments:

  1. Why, thank you for leaving me a note. :) You certainly have an amazing dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mamie is one of my favorite virtual doggies. I feel for her and am much in the same boat: hysterical with joy and hysterical with fear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a pretty good day to me though for poor Mamie it was definitely like the parson's egg and good in parts.
    Margery Allingham falls into my 'comfort reads' category and I have read and reread most of hers multiple times over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working down my Netflix list. Escape is on it. Right now I'm hooked on one called Atypical, about a family with a high functioning autistic child. I'm hooked. I drove an Asperger teen to and from band practice for several years, and the two boys remind me of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be hard to be Mamie, bouncing hysterically between fear and joy. I bet she is very glad of the quiet tv watching times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post makes me long for Mamie's version of the day! She's on a permanent rollercoaster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do get outside more than I. Our weather in high 40s F is so mild for this time of year. I really should get a dog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.