Thursday, January 9, 2020

Sheer Joy


Sometimes you see something so delightful it just leaves you standing there with a silly smile on your face.


          As I was taking Mamie for a walk this morning, from around one of the garages came a man in his 30s, running full-tilt, an unusual sight in this complex of mostly over-55s.

Yet what really caught my attention was his entourage, because galloping along the sidewalk in his wake were not one, not two, but three tiny Yorkshire terriers, each about the size of my fist, running for all they were worth. None were on leashes, but they were in their miniature pack, speeding along as a cohesive unit.

          Mamie and I stepped back and he raced by. There was a brief lull as all three teensy dogs circled around my dog, who, at 12 pounds now looked like a giant. Without pausing, the runner whistled, and then one, two, and finally three (after one more friendly sniff) all dashed off into the distance after their leader.

10 comments:

  1. What a joyous thing. I just love stuff like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheer joy is precious, rare and ALWAYS welcome.
    Thank you for the smiles this post gave me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, how sweet. Your description was so lovely, a word picture that made me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Takes an interesting man to like a Yorkie. I wonder if a visiting child was out running his mother's pack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I would love to see that, the pack of well trained Yorkies following their guy running at full tilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm grinning myself here, what a sight that must have been :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the little things and moments in life

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's hysterical. I was thinking, this man probably did this daily, and had never planned on three Yorkies to help him out. Now he HAS to. They insist on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.