Monday, August 13, 2018

Progress?



As you age, all sorts of wonderful things are supposed to occur – increased wisdom, compassion, patience. I can’t claim much improvement in those areas, but I’m definitely becoming less vain, or at least I spend less time in front of a mirror.  

          I should have realized this on Friday when part-way through a stretching exercise at the Y I noticed I had my gym capris on inside out. And I didn’t really care.

          Today began with trying to get the dog outside and j u s t as I thought I had her, she dived under the bed.

          Fine.

          I moved on to the next event – a trip to the lab for a blood sample preparatory to a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday.

          Then to the YMCA for an hour of water aerobics class.

          Home to walk the dog (greeting a neighbor on the way), read the paper, and finally get some breakfast. It wasn’t until I was applying an extra layer of make-up (next errand was a new passport photo where everyone needs all the help they can get) that I noticed it.

          The big blop of mascara right in the bridge of my nose.

          I had sat 8 inches away from the lab tech, chatted with a neighbor, and then had multiple conversations with friends in the pool for an hour wearing a big black splotch in the middle of my face.



           

10 comments:

  1. Well, that sure made me laugh! I'm sure they all noticed it but were too polite to point it out. Hahaha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only mirror gets little use. Sometimes I cannot locate the earring hole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiling broadly here. Mascara on the nose is an improvement on a toilet paper trail though which may or may not have happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe nobody said anything. Maybe they thought it was a mole?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes, it is kinder to point out some things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A co-worker let me gently know I had my sweater on inside out one day. Yup, it happens. Perhaps your mascara blob was like an old fashioned beauty mark, like the kind that movie stars used to pencil on. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one noticed? Or no one wanted to point it out and perhaps embarrass you. Perhaps they thought you'd always had that beauty spot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! People probably saw it and were hesitant to say something. I've been in that dilemma before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know. I agonize over when to tell someone about the spinach between their front teeth. Depends on how well I know them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. why is it people won't tell you when something like that is going on?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.