Saturday, June 16, 2018

We'll See. . . .


Mamie’s off for an overnight. This is a test case at the dog sitter’s, with an eye to future travel. I just couldn’t face parking my girl in a big, bad kennel.
          She’s either uninterested or uneasy around other dogs, much preferring the company of humans and a facility with chain link fence and concrete was more than I could bear.
          I handed over leash, walking harness, bowls for meals, contact information, dog bed, a sweatshirt I’ve worn recently, baggies marked with “breakfast” and “dinner” and pee pads in case she turns up her nose at their big back yard.
          It was easier sending my kids to a slumber party.

10 comments:

  1. I do hope it works out and everybody is happy. Such a sweet girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww. I agree, there seems to be something terribly impersonal about places like that. She'll be fine. Really. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter has the same dog. He does do well with strangers once he has established who is boss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buena ventura, Mamie. Put a smile on; it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we drop Olga off anywhere, she hates to see us go, but she is almost instantly adaptable. The kennel staff always report that she's romping around within minutes! Still I understand your reluctance to leave Mamie, poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck. I hope it goes well for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope all goes well with the test visit, it will be lovely for Mamie to have somewhere to go where she feels safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with that. I'm fortunate that Minnie has known my sister as long as she has known us and loves to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She will do fine but you may need a sedative:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.