Sunday, February 12, 2017

On a Happier Note

(Taking a page from Steve at Shadows and Light, here's a snapshot from my travels in Sarasota. )


     We went to the Sarasota outdoor arts showcase yesterday and wandered around from booth to booth admiring things we'd never considering buying, let alone bringing into our house, and others that we'd love, love to have but could never afford. We came away empty-handed, but got a nice lunch out of the day.

     We exited the restaurant at the same time as a woman who'd been sitting nearby with the fluffiest dog I'd ever seen. You could have attached a broom handle to it and cleared out every dust bunny in your house.  Curious, we asked what kind of breed it was and were dumbfounded to learn that it was a Coton de Tulear, the same breed as our dog. 


 


     Mamie's family tree is documented back to both sets of grandparents, but I don't think she'll ever look this aristocratic - mainly because I don't intend to spend every waking hour with a dog brush in my hand.
    It was comforting to see that this meticulously groomed dog had the same grubby whiskers as my own little snuffler. 


14 comments:

  1. That is one fluffy dog! A definite Swiffer dog. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That part of Florida has more dogs in strollers than anywhere else in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs must be like children, no two the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to high school in Sarasota so that old picture brought back memories.
    Mamie is definitely the classier looking version and definitely lower maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some dogs live with folks who have too much time on their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You could have attached a broom handle to it and cleared out every dust bunny in your house." I laughed out loud! I'm marveling because that fluffy dog is also white. Pure white. (Well, except where it had lunch.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that dog is almost a swiffer brush. Mamie is prettier I think. At least dogs don't mind being brushed, my cat barely tolerates a passing sweep of the brush while he is eating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie! I like the more mundane looks of your dog, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I have a breed dog it would be a boxer, otherwise just give me a mutt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've always heard that mutts are smarter than purebreds. Never thought I'd hsve a fancy dog, but even purebreds can sometimes find themselves needing a home.

      Delete
  10. Love the mural! I think I know where you were standing when you took that picture, though I haven't seen that mural myself. And thanks for the shout-out. :)

    I would never have guessed those dogs are the same breed. They look so different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was Orange or Lemon Street, Steve

      Delete
  11. Dogs that are the same breed can look so different from each other. Your dog is adorable.

    Love,
    Janie Junebug

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.