Monday, August 29, 2016

The face never lies



Donald Trump is that last person I expected to feel sympathy for – ever.


Yet as I travel through the internet, he does seem to have the cards stacked against him.



         Oh, not just because every time he looks away from the teleprompter all hell breaks loose, but because cameras pull unflattering expressions from his face the way leeches draw blood. 


          We’ve all experienced that feeling of resignation when the family holiday pictures start making the rounds on Facebook and there you are, looking like you’ve either had a lobotomy or had way more than your share of the wine that Cousin Lenny brought. At least there’s usually one or two shots where you don’t look like you make a habit of hanging around the playground, staring at the kids through the chain-link fence.

          Trump, on the other hand, can’t catch a break. The Huffington Post in particular seems to take a particular delight in publishing photos of the candidate at critical –and unflattering – moments. 



          I’m sure his supporters, when they’re not busy plotting bodily harm to his opponent or practicing secret Altright handshakes, remind each other that of course you can’t judge a book by its cover. 



12 comments:

  1. Would YOU buy a used hotel from this man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yes, Tricky Dick. I agree with your assessment but still have no sympathy for the man. He's loving every minute of attention that comes his way, good or bad. I'm just wondering if the media will ever get enough and move on. Besides, every day the media is focused on him puts Hillary one day closer to the Whitehouse. When the media is focused on him the spotlight is off Hillary and the baggage she brings to the race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I avoid the camera when at all possible. His high and trumpiness does make me feel a bit better about some of the shots of me though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd suggest avoid looking at any picture, instead read what he's said, his quotes, what he's said about anyone other than white males. Figure it out from there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been able to "read" people's faces so it wouldn't matter much how he looked, I still wouldn't be sure if I could trust him or not. Same with anybody that I haven't know personally for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am unwilling to go there, Marty. This election scares the crap out of me. No way I feel sorry for the man. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, every time that man opens his mouth I can hear the Four Horsemen saddling up.
      My sympathy is entirely tongue-in-cheek.

      Delete
  7. A picture is worth a thousand words and in his case say all we need to know about him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it interesting that the last fellow was impeached for about 1/10th of what the emails coming out show Hillary has committed? It's always good to look at all sides of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Almost every picture I see of him I see the expressions of an unattractive, pouty two year old. Of course his campaign also seems to find the most unflattering Hillary photo they can find. Politics sure is rough on the ego.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. except that he is just plain scary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.