Sunday’s the big day when we turn our shivering backs on the north and gladly opt for two 12-hour days in the car.
Saturday, December 31, 2016
- Who needs a Roomba robot vacuum to deal with the steady rain of dropped food from the grandchildren when you have a tiny dog snuffling across the floor.
- It sharpens aging reflexes to have kids exploding from closets and behind furniture during ongoing three-day games of hide and seek.
- Your trash is your friend. No one benefits from finishing up the leftover garlic bread.
- Latkes (multicultural here) perfectly represent Hanukkah’s eight-day miracle since the smell of the oil they’re cooked in stays in the house for about that length of time.
- Follow up behind your departing guests as they gather their belongings if you want to avoid an emergency trip to the post office to overnight missing car keys.
- Dim the lights and fake a clean house before the holiday since after everyone leaves you’ll be getting out the industrial vac and that big new bottle of PineSol.